Welcome to the website of the Herts and Essex Country Fair to be held in
The Park, Brent Pelham
by kind permission of Mrs Ann Barclay and Major Ted Barclay on
Sunday 19 August 2018
Gates open at 10.30am
This country fair aims to provide a range of attractions and classes associated with a traditional country fair including the ever popular terrier racing. All dogs very welcome to come along and to take part in the Family Dog Show. There are also Dog Obedience and Agility competitions to get involved in.
Once again we are pleased to welcome back members of the Hertfordshire Heavy Horse Association (see www.hhha.moonfruit.com). They will have their own show ring at the Fair with classes throughout the day starting at 11.00am and a parade and prize giving later in the afternoon.
Some of the main attractions will include:
- Family Dog Show
- Falconry Display - South East Falconry Group
- Sheepdog Display - The Dog and Duck Show
- Dog Agility - Dogability
- Gun Dog Display - Eddie Abbott
- Ferret Display - Pakefield Ferrets
- Demonstration of light horse carriage driving by British Driving Society members
- Riding for the Disabled display
- Vintage Tractors
- Parade of Hounds - Puckeridge Foxhounds, Trinity Foot & South Herts Beagles and Albany & West Lodge Bassets
- Puckeridge Hunt Kennels open
- Terrier Racing
Our main ring commentator will again be Steve Reynolds who during the afternoon will be encouraging audience participation in egg throwing and tug of war competitions.
For the children there will be a number of children's fair ground attractions.
The Terrier and Lurcher classes commence at 12.00pm and the Family Dog classes at 12.30pm.
There will be a range of catering choices which will include a BBQ and Hog Roast and there will be a bar.
Entry Charges:- Adults £7, under 18 years £3.00 and under 5 years free.
We very much hope you will be able to come on 19 August and enjoy the day.
For sponsorship opportunites and other enquiries please contact Sally-Anne How: 0782 444 6531 or Sally-AnneHow@hotmail.com